STARVE

We cook, we fight, we win
 

Once the world's most famous chef, Gavin Cruikshank's been in a self-imposed exile for years.  In his absence his little foodie television program has evolved into STARVE, a morally bankrupt competition show that thrills the wealthiest of the wealthy with rare, dangerous, and often illegal cuisine.  But Gavin’s one-man crusade to end this outrage has stalled out, and he finds himself seduced by the very things he fled from in the first place:  The toxic mix of success, money, and adoration.  Instead of trying to change the 1%, Gavin shifts his focus to the other 99%, and sparks a revolution from the ground up, empowering those who need it the most. 

Addressing real world themes of toxic celebrity, food scarcity and class warfare, STARVE brings its smart and subversive commentary to the forefront, making it one of the most relevant comics in recent times.

Art by Danijel Zezelj and Dave Stewart. Published by Image Comics.


static1.squarespace.jpg

Starve Vol 1
Once the world's most famous chef, Gavin Cruikshank's been in a self-imposed exile for years. Dragged back to the city to fulfill the terms of a contract, he is challenged on two fronts: resurrect his career and salvage his good name, and repair a broken relationship with his daughter and estranged wife.

A darkly comic, often violent, and at times surprisingly tender story, STARVE gets at the heart of toxic celebrity culture, the trials and tribulations of fatherhood, and foodie culture.

Starve Vol 2
Having survived season 1, albeit barely, Chef Gavin Cruikshank turns his attention from the soundstage to the streets, deciding to make a difference where it counts the most:  the crumbling inner city and its food deserts.

With his daughter Angie growing into adult, Gavin thinks maybe its high time he did the same. 



 

PRESS:

STARVE is the perfect combination of smarts, style, and passion... I can hardly think of a new series that is as intellectually impactful and passionately effective.
— Comics Bulletin
A heady mix of elite panic, grotesque wealth concentration, and precarity. It could hardly be more timely.
— Boing Boing
A sharp character drama that examines America’s increasingly bizarre relationship with food.
— Comicconverse